Monday 23 January 2012

Productive Sunday

Hello my bloggy friends!  I'm so impressed that I'm blogging on a fairly consistent basis - meaning it didn't take me 5 months to do this post after my last one. All good.

Yesterday was pretty productive - took my daughter to church after a 9 month hiatus and built a storage bench that I've had for 2 years!  I know, I know......  Anyhoo, here's a piccy.


I'm going to make a cushion for it with this fabric


 It's left over fabric from my sofa being recovered - I love it!  So cheery and fun!  I'll find a nice runner or rug to add in the foyer later. 

I was going to be super ambitious and build my kitchen cart but my hands were too sore after turning 50 screws for the bench.  Tomorrow night's project!

Thanks to my mom for passing on the pic below of the exterior of my house from the listing photos

I'm happy with the progress from above to pics from last post.

I've chatted about the house an awful lot - mainly because I'm obsessed with nesting and fixing it up to where I want it to be.  A great diversion so I don't have to think about the fact that I don't have my daughter every day - something that would break my heart if I thought about it too much.

But a great part of the move is the people I've met.  I'm ready to share on the blog that I've moved to Spencerville, a lovely historic village south of Ottawa on the South Nation river.  It's quite artsy and the people are very friendly.  I love that I can walk anywhere in town.

I've made a fantastic friend who's become very dear to me, Rhonda. She's single and of my vintage AND lives across the street.  We get along like a house on fire and have fun hanging out.  She's introduced me to her lovely sister, brother in law and baby niece as well as some of their friends. Alicia from Crowder House (check out her blog - hilarious - that's how I met her) has become a friend as well and her significant other has too.  She has introduced me to some other lovely people too. I feel very at home here - I love the sense of community.

I must confess that I feel like I belong here in the village and in this home - more than anywhere else I've lived save where I lived with my mom and step-dad Garth and sister Maureen.  That is saying along if you knew how many places I've lived in and different areas.

I've also never wanted to or nested like I am.  The only other time was when I was pregnant with Aislinn and getting her room ready.

All in all, a good thing. I believe we are where we're supposed to be when we are supposed to be there. 

Before kitchen pics in the next post - apologies - I know I said it would be this post but my kitchen is too messy to take a pic right now. :-)

A tantot mes amis!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awsome that you are posting on a semi-regular basis! Ok, now we all want to see the couch in the cheery fabric!

    ReplyDelete