Thursday 22 May 2014

Kitchen Progress Update

Howdy y'all,

Thought I'd update you on the kitchen progress - although this will be a pic-free post as I want to do a 'Big Reveal' once it's complete - more drama and impact doncha know.

So, 2 weeks ago I spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday building the boxes for my cabinets.  My oh-so-awesome parents helped me install them over Saturday and Sunday.  Mom and I installed some doors and I finished up the rest.  One set of doors still to go up as I had some custom pot drawers built.  They'll go up this week.

So. Frigging. Exciting.

Haven't had cabinets in a longggggggggggggggggggggg time....

Hinges need to be tweaked to adjust the doors and drawers but won't take long.  And of course the handles and knobs need to be installed.

My quartz countertops came Friday last week and hoo boy are they sexy!

I don't quite know what to do with all the surfaces and storage.  It's a little overwhelming... ;-)

Saturday Mom and I will be tackling the ceramic back splash.  Be still my beating heart.....

Okay, left to do:

  • Grout said tile once done
  • tweak doors
  • Install handles and knobs
  • Paint and install cove molding at ceiling
  • Install crown on upper cabs
  • Install trim on bottom of cabs
  • Put on toe-kick
  • Add various bits of trim
  • Install exhaust fan
  • Make mason jar pendant lights and install
  • Drink copious amount of sangria or whatever alcohol to celebrate the finished farging kitchen
So that's it for now my little turtledoves.

Have a great night,
Colleen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment